Senior Project Manager-Lanigan, SK
We're currently recruiting for a Senior Project Manager for our operation in Lanigan, SK
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for managing medium to large-scale projects (~$15M) at a major underground mining facility. The successful applicant will have overall accountability for project scope, deliverables, cost, schedule, quality and resources. The Senior Project Manager achieves project objectives by properly planning and overseeing the successful execution of projects. Project managers are responsible for managing all project constraints, and by providing guidance, direction, and coaching to the staff directly reporting to them on projects.
Responsible, in conjunction with project team, to coordinate selection of vendors and contractors, bid review and approvals, and overseeing project work. Works closely with, and in some cases as, the construction manager during project execution
- In conjunction with project team, defines project scope and requirements
- Develops project plans and budgets to guide the execution and control of the project, while managing to the project scope as defined
- Maintains the integrity of performance measurement baselines
- Ensures changes to project scope are reflected in budgets and documented with change orders
- Identifies project risks, and develops risk responses that maximize opportunities and minimize threats
- In conjunction with corporate procurement, oversees the acquisition of goods and services for the project
- Manages relationships with EPC firms and contractors to ensure project success
- Defines project activities, and sequences them appropriately
- Estimates activity durations and develops project schedules
- Maintains accurate resource allocations in Resource Plan
- Identifies resources required, and estimates project costs accordingly
- Maintains control over project costs, updates baselines and forecasts
- Identifies relevant quality standards and applies them to the project
- Evaluates overall project performance to ensure customer expectations are met and project is accepted.
Project People Management
- Identifies, documents, and assigns project roles, responsibilities, and reporting relationships
- Sets project objectives for individuals and monitors the achievement of those objectives
- Ensures project resources have the necessary training, documentation, and orientation to access customer sites
- Provides grounded feedback to project staff to focus their efforts and achieve results
- 4-year Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Applied Sciences with 8+ years of experience typical in project execution; 5+ years at the PM level - OR
- 12+ years direct project management experience in heavy industrial setting preferably utilities, mining, oil and gas or construction. Varied backgrounds are welcome, electrical, automation, mechanical, civil.
- Project Management Professional designation
- Solid track record managing increasingly complex projects
- Advanced knowledge of project management processes, customer relations
Attributes & Skills:
- Thorough knowledge of project management foundations
- Action oriented, attention to detail
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work under pressure
We appreciate everyone's interest in joining us at Kaizen Institute Canada, but only candidates being considered for interviews will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time