Benchmarks & Client Cases
Spare Parts Planning
• 48% of spare parts stored were not consumed over the past year
• 68% of the value of spare parts were not consumed over the past year
• 150 requisitions per day for spare parts
• 60% of spare parts have a supply Lead Time of 1 to 3 weeks
• Replenishment of spare parts done in an ad-hoc way, depending on experience and a gut feeling
• Lack of structured information for stock analysis
• Low level of process automation contributed to errors
• Creation of an information structure that allowed for the classification of parts according to criticality and consumption
• Implementation of replenishment levels for each part, to be updated automatically based on consumption from the last 36 months
• Implementation of safety stock to guarantee 99% parts service level
• Spare parts with low consumption are not managed through replenishment levels but through just-in-time ordering
• Study of suppliers to define the delivery Lead Times with precision
The organisation was able to free more than $479,000 in Cashflow.
The stock value of spare parts was reduced by 26%
Get the one-page report!
Are you interested in Kaizen Institute's consulting services?
We assist client teams in achieving great results by putting breakthrough paradigms into action.
Are you interested in Kaizen Institute's training courses?
Kaizen Institute's distinctive training program includes learning the theory and practice and gemba visits.