Benchmarks & Client Cases
Productivity and Quality Improvement in the Innovation Process
• High industrialisation costs of new products
• Projects with long and variable Lead Times
• Engineering teams involved in firefighting to solve problems and delays
• Focus on developing a prototypes to test, without validating feasibility or customer requirements beforehand
• Initial stages of conceptualisation and design were not adequately validated in line with customer requirements or the business directives
• Product quality problems causing rework and delays in the industrialisation stage
• Innovation model design with Set Based Engineering (SBE) and design sprint cycles
• Customer insights analysis to identify product use cases
• Knowledge gap prioritisation based on feasibility planning
• Learning cycles with trade-off curves for knowledge reuse
• Integration events creation to define the optimal solution based on the learning from the tests
The project generated benefits of $2.3M
Project Lead Time
Project Lead Time decreased by 49%
Industrialisation rework lowered by 30%
Are you interested in Kaizen Institute's consulting services?
We assist client teams in achieving great results by putting breakthrough paradigms into action.
Are you interested in Kaizen Institute's training courses?
Kaizen Institute's distinctive training program includes learning the theory and practice and gemba visits.