Benchmarks & Client Cases
Autonomous and Planned Maintenance
• Low productivity amongst maintenance teams
• Lengthy stoppage times due to excessive MTTR
• Complete dependence on maintenance teams to solve every equipment issue
• Poor knowledge sharing between production and maintenance teams
• Interventions on the equipment done with an isolated approach, with no standard or historical information
• High volume of corrective interventions over planned interventions
• Classification of equipment according to their criticality: risk of employee injury, equipment without replacement, unstable OEE and high percentage of breakdowns
• Implementation of autonomous naintenance processes on the critical equipment, with a standardized process to train all team members and assess their knowledge
• Creation of a planned maintenance schedule, where the high-frequency activities were passed on to autonomous maintenance
• Development of work instructions for planned maintenance activities, with yearly training calendar for the maintenance team
The project had a payback period of 5 months with annual savings surpassing $874,000.
Overall Equipment Efficiency increased by 16%
Mean Time Between Failures (MTBF)
Mean Time Between Failures (MTBF) increased by 73%
Get the one-page report!
Are you interested in Kaizen Institute's consulting services?
We assist client teams in achieving great results by putting breakthrough paradigms into action.
Are you interested in Kaizen Institute's training courses?
Kaizen Institute's distinctive training program includes learning the theory and practice and gemba visits.