Benchmarks & Client Cases
Flow Creation in Injection and Assembly Operations
• Difficulty in responding to fluctuations in demand
• Assembly lines with low productivity
• High inventory levels of components and pre-assemblies
• Assembly lines with functional layout and workstations with unlevelled workloads
• Failure to supply components to the lines and uncontrolled stocks
• Long changeover times between references
• U-line layout: balanced work loads between stations, allows for mutual assistance and speeds up logistics and quality control by bringing the product in and out closer together
• Supermarkets for component stock management according to consumption and Border of Line with frontal supply
• Mizusumashi: standardised route for component supply
The project generated a gain of $1.5m/year in productivity as well as a stock reduction of $2.3m.
Productivity improved by 38%
Occupied area decreased by 52%
Stock value reduced by 12.7%
Are you interested in Kaizen Institute's consulting services?
We assist client teams in achieving great results by putting breakthrough paradigms into action.
Are you interested in Kaizen Institute's training courses?
Kaizen Institute's distinctive training program includes learning the theory and practice and gemba visits.